[mythtv-users] KTVU FOX and KGO ABC HD AC3 audio drop outs?

Tim Berger tim.berger at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 05:55:39 UTC 2008

Hi everyone.  I wonder how many of you might be experiencing severe
audio drop outs with KTVU FOX 2 and KGO ABC 7 in the San Francisco Bay
Area when watching HD content with ac3 pass-through enabled.  I am
using the hdhomerun. Only those two channels seem to be affected.
Other HD channels are perfect.

I came to look at this because I am having very similar audio dropout
problems with dish network using their 722 PVR receiver.

I'm starting to suspect that these two broadcasters changed something
about a month ago.

If you experience these problems as well, I strongly urge you to
contact engineering at these stations.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

--