[mythtv-users] duplicate shows being recorded

James Skimming James.Skimming at portraitsoftware.com
Sat Aug 23 11:35:57 UTC 2008

Hi James,

I find that inconsistencies in the schedule information is usually the
result.

I'm in the UK receiving Freeview DVB, using the broadcast EIT schedule
data. For repeat recordings I always just match on subtitle as I find
the descriptions just too inconstant.

Even with just subtitle matching I often get unnecessary repeat
recordings because the EIT data is inconsistent, the other day I had an
unnecessary repeat recording because of a difference in capitalisation.

I'm still on Mythbubtu 7.10, I'm going to upgrade this weekend. Maybe
that'll help a little.

Regards,

Jim.