[mythtv-users] FCC Broadcast Digital Channel Requirements

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Aug 24 17:14:02 UTC 2008

Chase Douglas wrote:

> I will still try to contact my local TWC office as well as the public
> utilities commission to put pressure on them to reverse the
> encryption. Hopefully that will be enough as the FCC isn't going to
> help me out. Aside from that, I tried hooking up plain old rabbit ears
> to my tv and was able to pick up all the local digital broadcast
> channels that I want anyways, I believe at a higher quality as well.
> So in the end I'll be switching over to using the airwaves for these
> stations anyways.

You probably want to contact the management of the stations involved.
Most station managers get very upset if somebody who wants to watch
their programs (and advertisements) is encountering difficulty of any
sort, and TWC is more likely to listen to a station manager than a mere
paying customer.

beww