[mythtv-users] KTVU FOX and KGO ABC HD AC3 audio drop outs?

Tim Berger tim.berger at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 20:05:32 UTC 2008

I just realized that I'm only seeing audio/video studder when watching from
within myth.  If I play back recorded/livetv programs with mplayer, they're
perfect.  I wonder what's different about those two channels that make them
have playback problems only within myth.   This is on a dual core and there
seems to be plenty of idle headroom.  In fact, I see higher cpu use on
nbc-11 (1080i) and playback is perfect within mythtv.

Very odd.

Heh.  As I'm writing this I'm noticing that I only have playback problems
with 720p content within myth.  1080i is fine.  Anyone know if workarounds
for this?

Thanks!

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 5:49 PM, scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 1:19 AM, Brad DerManouelian
> <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 22, 2008, at 10:55 PM, Tim Berger wrote:
> >
> >> Hi everyone.  I wonder how many of you might be experiencing severe
> >> audio drop outs with KTVU FOX 2 and KGO ABC 7 in the San Francisco Bay
> >> Area when watching HD content with ac3 pass-through enabled.  I am
> >> using the hdhomerun. Only those two channels seem to be affected.
> >> Other HD channels are perfect.
> >>
> >> I came to look at this because I am having very similar audio dropout
> >> problems with dish network using their 722 PVR receiver.
> >>
> >> I'm starting to suspect that these two broadcasters changed something
> >> about a month ago.
> >>
> >> If you experience these problems as well, I strongly urge you to
> >> contact engineering at these stations.
> >>
> >> Please let me know.
> >
> > No problem with these. I'm getting OTA HD with a pcHDTV-5500 and an
> > HDHR. I also get the stations over DirecTV, but I don't think I've
> > recorded those stations with SD tuners in a while.
> >
> No problem here either.  I'm getting both KTVU-HD and KGO-HD via
> comcast QAM on my HDHR, and using AC-3 passthrough.

-Tim