[mythtv-users] How do I undo a mythrename oops?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 23:11:50 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I managed to accidentally run mythrename without parameters and it
> obligingly renamed all the files in /video/recordings.
>
> Gaaaahhh!  Head hung low in shame with egg on my face.  Gotta watch
> those errant carriage returns!
>
> They're still there, but...  How do I figure out what the right names
> are for each of them?
>
> Craig.

Okay... This is not what I expected...  Most of the videos are usable
with the revised filenames.  It's not the use I normally make of
mythrename, but perhaps that was one of its intended functions -- to
rename the 1073_20080103025800.mpg type files to human readable form
and update the database so MythTV can find them to show?

If that's the case, then the problem becomes: "How do I find the ones
whose filenames don't match what MythTV expects and then how do I fix
them, and is there an easier way to find them than manually trying to
play each one in MythTV?"

Craig.