[mythtv-users] How to exclude finds from title search

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 11:25:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Tomi Makinen <makinen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Exact title match will work with house. I but I have not found that option
> in mythweb. I quite rarely schedule anything via frontend. Is it frontend
> only  ?
> I did not get the regexp to wok via mythweb.
>
> I would like to keep the recording schedules list as simple as possilbe.
> Thats why exclusions would be cool Fex. if I record all C.S.I and  I dont
> like miami ( or it is only reruns), I could exlude it always.
>
> For the title search I rely on the duplicate check alot, sometimes I cannot
> record the first showing, so the rerun is recorded.

You can do it using a power search in mythweb, too.  You just click on the
"Power Search" radio button.  In this case, you have to build the search
query yourself.  For "House", it would be just like before:

program.title='House'

For CSI, you can do it a couple ways.  You could use 2 rules, and do an
exact match, or you can do it with one and get a little fancy.  Here's how
you might do it in one:

program.title like 'CSI%' and not program.title like '%Miami%'

It helps if you're a little familiar with SQL syntax.

You don't need to worry about the day-of-week stuff unless you set the
schedule type to one that takes that into account.  The default "Record at
any time on any channel" ignores that.

If this is the sort of thing you want to do regularly, you might consider
installing Brad Templeton's "tvwish" program.  It'll automatically schedule
programs for you as they show up based on titles you put in text files.
It's very flexible.

Carl Fongheiser