[mythtv-users] compiling mythtv 0.21

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 13:11:47 UTC 2008

2008/8/25 Xaero <kknull0 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to compile mythtv 0.21 and I get these errors:
> http://rafb.net/p/kL4rQ596.html
>
> Tried also to compile mythtv-svn and get errors again:
> http://rafb.net/p/VsvnGm59.html
>
> I tried (as someone suggested) to move libavcodec, libavformat and
> libavutils away from /usr/lib and also tried to chenge --prefix option with
> no results...

You should be trying to compile the 0.21-fixes branch from svn.  The
0.21 tar package from the website does not include the latest bugfixes
and, if you're having trouble compiling you shouldn't be thinking
about 0.21-trunk from svn, which has more complicated dependencies.

The only problems I've ever had compiling mythtv (using Fedora) were
down to missing dependencies, though working out what's missing can be
pretty tough.  I find it's usually a lib(something) or a
(something)-devel.

So if there's a libavcodec-devel or avcodec-devel available then
they'd be worth installing.

With Fedora I find

#yum list

very useful, so I'd try

yum list *avcodec*

and see what shows up.

As I undestand it the \usr\ prefix option won't affect the compile,
just the final installation.  So I don't think that's your problem -
yet :-)

Good Luck.