[mythtv-users] SilverStone ML02-MX iMon LCD + PAD

Dave Oxley dave at daveoxley.co.uk
Mon Aug 25 14:23:40 UTC 2008

Ryan Stuart wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to MythTV (but not Linux) and seeking advice on how to get
> the iMon LCD + PAD working on the SilverStone ML02-MX. The only
> information I could find on this was at the wiki
> (http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Imon). However, the instructions the
> wiki points to (http://codeka.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22
> <http://codeka.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22>) seems to be for the
> LCD with the MM control.
>
> Does anyone have this case and have they got the remote and LCD
> working? An suggestions about how I might be able to debug what is
> going on (dmesg doesn't seem to display anything odd)? I followed the
> instructions on the wiki page, compiled and installed the custom lirc
> and LCDProc programs and made sure the lircd.conf was the conf that
> came with lirc for the PAD but no luck - the LCD doesn't display
> anything and the remote doesn't seem to do anything.
Hi Stuart,

I have this case and have the LCD and remote working. If you use Gentoo
I have an ebuild that works. It doesn't use the latest patch yet as I've
only just spotted that it's been updated. As to why yours isn't working,
one of the things that I was stuck on was that you need a parameter when
you modprobe lirc_imon: is_lcd=1.

Cheers,
Dave.