[mythtv-users] Looking for the latest word on PCI-Express tuner boards

Bruce H McIntosh scotsman at afn.org
Mon Aug 25 15:59:36 UTC 2008

Like a bunch of you, I've built my mythbox (combined frontend/backend)
on one of those spiffy little M2N mobos with onboard GeForce 6150 video.
Catch is, it has only two PCI slots, both of which are occupied with
NTSC cards.  Networking is on the mobo, but there's a 35' long CAT5
cable trailing out the family room, across the dining room and into the
office, which the wife has decreed must go.  I have a wireless adapter
but no PCI slot for it.  So I figured, why not get newfangled PCI
Express analog/digital tuner cards and be ready for the dreaded Feb 19
cutover?  So, my question - anyone have any hands-on with the latest
round of PCIe tuner/capture cards?