[mythtv-users] Looking for the latest word on PCI-Express tuner boards

Bruce H McIntosh scotsman at afn.org
Mon Aug 25 20:40:21 UTC 2008

> Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:36:38 +0100
> From: Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Looking for the latest word on PCI-Express
> 	tuner boards
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> ...I'd suggest an HD HomeRun.  Two tuners, network attached, no cards.
> >
> ...does that mean he'd have his HDHR feeding his backend over the WiFi as well
> as networking out? Anyone want to do the figures? What else is this network
> cable used for?

The wireless would be used for remote access to the box for management,
sw updates etc.  The wired ethernet on the mobo would then be available
for the HDHR. Trouble is, until that point I do kind of still need
analog support that won't consume both PCI slots, hence the PCIe idea.
And yes, 2 tuners is a requirement since it seems that everything the
wife wants to record is always at the same time as something I want to
record. :-)