[mythtv-users] Required software for building from source

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 21:49:24 UTC 2008

I've been using mythtv for a long time, and I've always built it from
source, but I haven't had to rebuild my machines until recently and
the list of required software in the documenation is severly lacking.

Is there any good, current documenation that lists all the
prerequisite software that myth needs?

Primarily, what's needed for a backend vs frontend, what's needed for
additional versus limited functionality, and what is minimal to
compile and what is needed for "everything"?

Thanks!
Matt