[mythtv-users] Required software for building from source

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Aug 25 21:58:21 UTC 2008

Matt S. wrote:
> I've been using mythtv for a long time, and I've always built it from
> source, but I haven't had to rebuild my machines until recently and
> the list of required software in the documenation is severly lacking.
>
> Is there any good, current documenation that lists all the
> prerequisite software that myth needs?
>
> Primarily, what's needed for a backend vs frontend, what's needed for
> additional versus limited functionality, and what is minimal to
> compile and what is needed for "everything"?

I can't really help you too much, since it would be distro specific, but
I just re-built my backend with Fedora Core 8 (no, not MythDora, it's a
long story, and I'd really rather not relive it...) and this is what I
had to add before I could compile it. Mind you, I don't have
'everything' enabled, but I had PVRx50's and an HDHR, and mythweb.

mysql-server
qt4
qt4-mysql
qt4-x11
qt4-devel
mysql
mysql-devel
httpd
freetype-devel
subversion
gcc
gcc-c++
make
lame-devel
ivtv
ivtv-firmware
ivtv-devel
xorg-x11-proto-devel (this may not be needed, I was trying to get Xv
devel libs)
libXv-devel
libXxf86vm-devel
perl-CPAN (needed to compile one perl module as there wasn't one
available via yum, don't remember which one)
automake
perl-Date-Manip
perl-HTTP-Request-Params
php-pear-HTTP-Request
python
python-devel
php-mysql
php
wget (needed for Schedules Direct, and possibly other grabbers)

Tom