[mythtv-users] Screen corruption with fglrx X driver

Owen Townend owen.townend at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 22:17:05 UTC 2008

>>> http://www.allpowerfuldave.com/mythtv2.png and
>>> http://www.allpowerfuldave.com/mythtv3.png for examples of the garbled
>>> output after changing channels. The output appears to differ depending
>>> on whether the broadcast is SD or HD.
>>>

> Just wanted to chime in on this very old thread, I'm seeing exactly
> the same problems as described above.  Anyone know of any solutions
> yet?  I'm ready to give up and plug in an older GeForce 6600 into the
> PCI-E slot.
>
> My setup:
>
> GA-MA78GM-S2H (AMD 780G)
> CentOS 5.2
> fglrx
> Connected via DVI
>
> I'm hoping that eventually a new driver from ATi will be released that
> fixes this problem... but for now, I'll switch over to the PCI-E card.
>
> Thanks!

Hey,
I have the same motherboard in my frontend but am using Ubuntu 8.04.
Using ATI's 8.7 drivers I have this exact problem, but I didn't have
it using 8-3 or 8-6. I still have curruption on channel changes
between resolutions (SD to HD and back) but escaping back to the menu
and going back to the tv fixes it.
I had tried 8-7 to fix the above issue but rolled back because it
introduced more problems than it fixed for me.
I haven't tried 8-8 yet, hoping though.

cheers,
Owen.