[mythtv-users] Resuming after fast forward...

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 00:31:14 UTC 2008

I just installed a new Myth system under Ubuntu 8.04.  I grabbed the latest
thing in the Ubuntu repositories and I have to say there are some really
great new features.  Firewire (capture) is working perfectly, input groups
are awesome (for Firewire) and the installation was a snap.

I've noticed a couple of differences between how my system worked before and
how it works now.  Most of them are nice improvements but one is kind of
driving me nuts.  Surprisingly, I don't see any mention of it in the mailing
list so I'm trying to figure out if it just bothers me or if it only affects
me.

When I fast forward a show I can select 3x, 5x, 10x, ... 120x just as
before.  But, when I hit "play" while fast-forwarding my system used to take
the current point in the fast-forward, jump back some specified amount (to
compensate for response time of the user, etc) and then...PLAY.  Now it does
all those things except it PAUSES when its done. I've been looking through
the fast-forwarding settings and I don't see anything that controls this.

I'm assuming this is some new behavior in the more recent versions of MythTV
(I was running an SVN version before, probably 0.20-fixes or something).  Is
this really a new feature or is my system just messed up somehow?  If it is
a new feature, how do I change it back to the old behavior.  If it isn't a
feature, any ideas on what I can do to stop this behavior?!?

--
Mike