[mythtv-users] Screen corruption with fglrx X driver

Owen Townend owen.townend at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 01:36:06 UTC 2008

2008/8/26 Luis Rico Jr <nog0odd3ed at gmail.com>:
> I too have the same issue. I just did a clean install of 8.04 with the
> recommended patches. I installed Mythtv before using the ATI drivers and
> everything worked well. I downloaded version 8.8 catalyst, did the
> --buildandinstallpkg option as per release notes and everything seemed ok
> until I ran MYTHTV. When I ran mythtv at default for my display (1440x900) I
> got the problem you guys are experiencing (missaligned/pixelated). If I
> specify --geometry 1439x899 it works fine inside the GNOME display with top
> and bottom menu bars showing...

Yeah, same issue I had using newer drivers. I mistakenly said I was using 8-6.
I'm currently using the 8-3 drivers in the Ubuntu 8.04 repositories:
i    xorg-driver-fglrx 1:7.1.0-8-3+2.6.24.13-19.45
                                       ^^^
Using this I have the corruption on channel changes between
resolutions (SD-HD and back) but everything else seems to run fine.

cheers,
Owen.