[mythtv-users] Myth very slow to change channels.... (DVB-T)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Aug 26 02:57:32 UTC 2008

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2008/8/26 Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:
>> The code doesn't support your theory. You said yourself that you
>> searched and found many threads about this subject and not a single
>> solution. There is a reason for that.
>
> There is slow ; and there's "too slow" ..
>
> 6s makes it very painful

Not for me. My changes aren't that slow, but it wouldn't bother me if
they were. I hardly ever watch live TV, and even when I do, browse mode
allows me to see what's on without changing the channel, as does the
program guide on-screen. No reason to change channels often.

It does take 4 or 5 seconds when switching from a cable to a satellite
channel (different capture cards, obviously), much faster just changing
RF channels on the same card.