[mythtv-users] Mythrename.pl suddenly giving error

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 05:37:21 UTC 2008

On 26/08/2008, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On 26/08/2008, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The best I could deduce is now I had run the script with sudo and it
> worked,
> > > and without sudo it did not. What are INC paths?
> >
> > The @INC paths are the directories Perl looks in for requested modules
> > - you posted the list in your first reply to me. We need to determine
> > whether this list changes depending on how the script is run (which
> > user, whether via sudo, etc).

> Okay, apologies but just to clarify, I've run the script with sudo and
> without, and it works in both cases. So what are the commands I should run
> now?

If you are successfully running the script when logged in, but not
when run via mythbackend started during init, it is likely that
something has changed relating to the mythbackend user's environment,
such as a missing $HOME.

If you are using Fedora/CentOS, I posted updates to the init scripts
(available from SVN) which should sort this issue out - but you need
to check that your mythbackend user has a 'normal' environment when
mythbackend starts up.

To test - temporarily start mythbackend from a regular shell, and
record something so that mythrename.pl is executed. If it works, this
is a very good indication that it is environment related.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/