[mythtv-users] ho do I create world clock plugin?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 06:08:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>> I'm not sure if I can build or code a plugin but if someone is wanting
>> to create a simple plugin, perhaps they could start with a World clock
>> display.
>>
>> ie configurable display which shows several Clocks from different timezones.
>>
>> I'm not sure if I can do this as I currently only have one "production"
>> box is there a way I can do this without impacting my current mythTV setup?
>>

> I have no idea how/why you would want to do this with myth....  Seems
> like using a jet plane to go to the grocery store.

Maybe he has kids or friends or business in different timezones and
wants to be able to quickly flick to a page on the TV with the
timezones displayed.

> But if you can run mythbrowser I can send you a PHP snippet I wrote for
> wordpress that uses timeanddate.com - you need to run a web server to
> use it, though.
>
> See "Our Time" in the right sidebar at http://www.seiner.com on how it
> works.

something that fits into the myth system, ie a plugin, would be nicer.
A simple system to creat plugins using something like python instead
of C++ would be great!