[mythtv-users] Myth autoexpiring brand new shows

Enigma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Tue Aug 26 06:10:38 UTC 2008

Kevin wrote:

I think a good question to answer is why, within the space of 30 minutes, is

> enough disk space being taken up on that drive that you are bumping against
>
> the 22GB reserve 4 times (roughly once every ten minutes).

Obviously, because there are recordings happening.

> MythTV will show
> you what it is considering for auto-expiration and in what order on the
> System Status screen in the Frontend.

If you read my original post, I mention that there are hundreds of items on
the auto-expire list that precede the recordings in question.  My auto
expire is set to only consider age.  My issue is that they are not being
expired in this order.

Also, if you don't want stuff to expire, don't mark it for expiration.

Surely you can see the difference between wanting my oldest programs to
expire and having recent programs expire instead.  I never said I didn't
want these programs to expire, I just don't want them to expire before their
time.  Your remark adds nothing to the conversation and is
counter-productive.