[mythtv-users] Mythtv automatically going to a source

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 26 06:40:59 UTC 2008

On 08/26/2008 02:34 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> I have two sources on my mythbackend.
> One is freetoair , using 3 DVB-T cards. With channels numbered 1 to 200
> The other is iptv using the multicast UDP broadcast provided by my
> ISP. Channels number 300 to 350
>
> Up to now, whenever I would check Watch TV ; it would automatically
> use 'freetoair'
>
> Now for some reasons, it always use 'iptv'.
>
> As MythTV doesn't allow me to go simply from one source to another
> it's a rather frustrating process to each press menu , select sources
> and change it back to freetoair ...

You can map a key to switch cards.  The fact that a lot of people on the
list seem to ignore my saying that and say, "You can do it from the
menu," does not mean that the menu is the only way.  Feel free to look
up some of my previous posts where I actually took the time to provide
links (as I don't feel like looking them up again).

> Any ideas on how to fix this so it uses freetoair automatically ?

Order your input connections appropriately (where appropriately = to
give you the desired "default" source for LiveTV depending on the
settings you've configured for Myth).

Mike