[mythtv-users] SPDIF sound stopped working - for AC3 + streams

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Tue Aug 26 07:16:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Kingsley Turner <krt at krt.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The other day, and after working 100% for some weeks, my sound stopped
> working for AC3 audio.  I managed to repair it with various guides around
> the internets.  The whole time tv-playing worked perfectly, it was only
> stored video that stopped working.  Modifying the mplayer command fixed
> it.
>
> But I've since noticed that I have no sound in streaming video (i.e.: the
> streaming video *plugin* thing that downloads internet video streams).
>
> So 2 questions:
>  - How can my audio suddenly change, I installed no patches !?
>  - Where is the audio controls for the streaming plugin configured?
>
> thanks,
> -MythNoob
> (Kingsley)

I take it you once had AC3 output from streaming video.  Be sure to
post how you get it back.  I never could figure it out so I have a
resistive combiner from the digital decoder and the analog out of the
computer feeding the TV.  Kind of a kludge but it works.  I would love
to take that thing out. I didn't think that streaming video had any
control so if you had audio it was because your sound card was being
nice and converting it.  Some posters have reported that their cards
do that while mine does not.

Not much help, sorry.

Allen

Allen