[mythtv-users] SilverStone ML02-MX iMon LCD + PAD

Ryan Stuart ryan at stuart.id.au
Tue Aug 26 11:51:53 UTC 2008

So after trying to follow the instructions on
http://www.ronfrazier.net/mythtv/#iMonLCDTweaks I wasn't getting anywhere. I
couldn't apply the patch to the latest lirc code from CSV. So, from there I
tried to apply it manually and noticed that a lot of the code in the patch
was already in the driver. From there, I went and had a look at the csv logs
(
http://lirc.cvs.sourceforge.net/lirc/lirc/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c?revision=1.27&view=markup)
and noticed that support for the LCD iMon device was added 3 days ago (which
might be what Dave was saying earlier in hindsight).

So after compiling and installing the latest version of lirc and following
the remander of the directions on Ron's blog, I got to a state where I had
the lirc0 lirc1 lcd0 and lcd1 devices which was good. So after starting
lircd twice (once for each lircN device like Ron describes) and starting up
irw, I see nothing at all. However, dmesg outputs messages like the
following when I press the pad:

[  642.632697] /home/ryan/lirc/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c:
incoming_packet: invalid incoming packet size(5)

Any ideas about how to progress from here?

Cheers