[mythtv-users] SilverStone ML02-MX iMon LCD + PAD

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Aug 26 12:49:26 UTC 2008

I haven't had a chance to look at any of it yet, but it sounds like
the patch to lirc wasn't as comprehensive as the patch I had made up.

When I was working on the patch, one of the problem I noticed was that
the previous patch only handled 4 byte code. However, I was seeing
(and forgive me if my memory is fuzzy, so I may be slightly
inaccurate, but the gist of it should be correct):

Some of my IR codes from the remote (the multimedia type buttons) were
4 bytes long
Some of the IR codes from the remote (the keyboard/mouse buttons) were
5 bytes long
The IR codes from my case (Thermaltake DH-101) were 5 bytes long, but
had a 00 byte in front (so it was sort of like they were 6 bytes
long).

To deal with this, my patch extended the code length from 4 bytes to 8
bytes, and then null padded any packets shorter than 8 bytes. It
sounds to me like the new lirc patch isn't doing the same.

One thing with doing this is that you then need to regenerate the
lircd.conf files for the 8byte length codes. If you are using my
lircd.conf but don't have the 8 bytes codes in the driver, then it
probably won't recognize anything.

Another issue is that my patch also did some handywork to map the
mouse cursor button into a simple 4 way directional pad. I have no
idea if the new lirc driver does this either.

I've been busy  with a lot of stuff over the summer and haven't really
done any work at all with this stuff (I've just posted answers in the
codeka forums). My other priorities should hopefully clear up within
the next week, and in september I should be able to get back into the
swing of things for a little while.

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/