[mythtv-users] Screen corruption with fglrx X driver

Luis Rico Jr nog0odd3ed at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 16:16:10 UTC 2008

Well I don't know if this is coincidence, but here's what I figured out.

   1. When using 32 bit version of 8.04 with either fglrx or ATI drivers,
   got the screen tearing problem no matter what. (Yes, even using latest
   catalyst 8.8 drivers).
   2. When I switched to 64 bit version of 8.04 (I have a dual core 2.2ghz
   laptop with built in HD RADEON 2600) and installed the fglrx drivers from
   Ubuntu, followed by Mythtv, everything worked fine. No tearing, no other
   weird problems. I even watched 'office-space' fullscreen without incident on
   such said laptop.

Could be coincidence or maybe something that is implemented better with the
64 bit fglrx drivers?? I still haven't installed the catalyst 8.8 drivers
but I'm not sure I need to at the moment...