[mythtv-users] Myth very slow to change channels.... (DVB-T)

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Aug 26 16:17:06 UTC 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 4:16 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2008/8/26 Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au>:
>>
>> This is because LiveTV is almost a afterthought - mythtv is
>> primarily a
>> scheduling/recording/playback service and this isn't going to change.
>
> Well, is that a good enough reason to accept how it's behaving
> then ? :)

We all agree it's a problem. We would all like faster channel changing
times. The issue is that no one wants it enough to fix it. These
threads typically go on for a few days and then someone says, "I'm
going to look into the code and see where I can optimize it to have
channel change times under a second!" and then we never hear from them
again.