[mythtv-users] Cannot change channels on DVB card while watching live TV.

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Aug 26 17:09:50 UTC 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 9:58 AM, Erik Jensen wrote:

> I recently purchased a Pinnacle PCTV HD card to use for Clear QAM
> tuning on my cable.  I installed it, hooked it up, and scanned for
> channels.  The problem I am having is that whenever I try to change
> the channel while watching TV, mythfrontend tells me that an "Error
> was encountered while displaying video."  I can record from the
> various channels just fine, and the result looks good.  Also, if I
> set the initial channel to the one I want to watch in mythtv-setup
> before I go to Watch TV, I can watch that channel.  But I still get
> an error if I try to change the channel while in the Watch TV
> section.  This is a pain, as I have lots of cable-only channels that
> show up as "UNKNOWN", which I need to identify in order to set up
> listings properly.

If you can't identify them with a scan, you'll need to edit the
XMLTVID's of each channel to match what channel it is in your listing
source.

No idea about your card-specific questions. Try running some dvb tools
to check for signal to noise ratio, signal strength, etc and see if
that's why it's not getting a lock immediately.

-Brad