[mythtv-users] How to delete a non-existent encoder from a non-existent machine?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 26 21:09:07 UTC 2008

On 08/26/2008 05:01 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
>> On a related issue, mythweb setup shows 7 machines.  I only have 2 but
>> apparently have used a variety of names for the second one I built,
>> and mythweb remembers them all.  This is confusing as well as being
>> esthetically unpleasant.  Any way to clean that up?
>>
> You'll need to remove entries from the settings table that have
> associated hostnames that no longer exist on your mythtv network. I do
> not think there is currently an automated or GUI-driver way to perform
> this operation - a tool like phpMyAdmin may well be the easiest way.

You can also do a MythTV database "spring cleaning" (i.e. a "new
hardware"/partial restore of the DB).  With that approach, though, you
end up reconfiguring all your existing machines (which happens to allow
you time to go through and see/set all the new settings that have
appeared since you originally configured).

Easiest way to do the backup/restore is:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Database_Backup_and_Restore

Mike