[mythtv-users] How to delete a non-existent encoder from a non-existent machine?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 21:25:22 UTC 2008

On 26/08/2008, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 08/26/2008 05:01 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
>  >> On a related issue, mythweb setup shows 7 machines.  I only have 2 but
>  >> apparently have used a variety of names for the second one I built,
>  >> and mythweb remembers them all.  This is confusing as well as being
>  >> esthetically unpleasant.  Any way to clean that up?
>  >>
>  > You'll need to remove entries from the settings table that have
>  > associated hostnames that no longer exist on your mythtv network. I do
>  > not think there is currently an automated or GUI-driver way to perform
>  > this operation - a tool like phpMyAdmin may well be the easiest way.
>

> You can also do a MythTV database "spring cleaning" (i.e. a "new
>  hardware"/partial restore of the DB).  With that approach, though, you
>  end up reconfiguring all your existing machines (which happens to allow
>  you time to go through and see/set all the new settings that have
>  appeared since you originally configured).
>
>  Easiest way to do the backup/restore is:
>  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Database_Backup_and_Restore

Would the addition of a couple of commands like:

$ mythconverg_restore.pl --list_hostnames

and

$ mythconverg_restore.pl --delete_hostname --hostname="XXXX"

be useful in this scenario?

The former command would like all known hostnames defined in the dump,
and the latter would enable a user to selectively remove old hostname
cruft.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott