[mythtv-users] Cannot change channels on DVB card while watching live TV.

Erik Jensen eriksjunk at laurelwoodart.com
Tue Aug 26 23:13:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
> wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > On Aug 26, 2008, at 10:23 AM, Erik Jensen wrote:
> >
> >> I know what I have to do to tell mythtv what they are.  The problem
> >> is that I first have to figure out what they are myself, which is
> >> hard to do when I cannot change the channel.
> >
> > Check your cable lineup.

 This is a Clear QAM tuner, so the frequencies the channels are broadcast on
have no relation to the channel numbers the cable company gives them.  I do
not need help with this, though.

> Have you tried cycling through the channels using up-arrow/down-arrow? I
> have
> assumed from your description you were entering channel nos, I may have
> misunderstood.

If I am already on this input, any attempt to change the channel, whether
through the guide, or using channel up/down, will result in the previously
mentioned error.  If, however, I change to this input from another, either
just changing the input, or selecting a channel on this input from the
guide, it works fine.  It is only when I am changing from one channel on
this input to another on this input that the problem occurs.

> --
>
> Mike Perkins

"Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a purpose."
-- Garrison Keillor