[mythtv-users] Mythtv automatically going to a source

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 01:34:21 UTC 2008

Hi

2008/8/27 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> You changed your input connections.  If you didn't change them and they
> just "changed themselves" that means that your configuration was broken

I didn't change them

> (and, since restored from a likely broken backup, is broken and the same
> will happen again).  The only way to fix the breakage that causes input

Well, I guess I will see if it happens again ... It hasn't so far..

> connections to just change is:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034  .  One
> possible cause of the brokenness is a capture card defined but not
> connected to any inputs--even if it's defined on a no-longer existent
> host--but there are several others, too.

I used your mythrestore script that you linked to earlier this month.

BTW, when I ran the restore script (not telling it which backup to
use) the documentation states that it will use the latest backup
available.
It didn't. It used the oldest back.

I keep 5 days worth of backup, I had Thursday 21st, Friday 22nd,
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. After the restore the latest
recording it would show was data of last Thursday...

I deleted the mysql database and re-ran the restore script, this time
telling it what backup to use and it worked.

Jean-Yves