[mythtv-users] Output from the Hauppauge HD-PVR?]

marshall.mcmullen at gmail.com marshall.mcmullen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 04:27:57 UTC 2008

----- "Steve Heistand" <steve at heistand.org> wrote:

> 3 new non clipped HDPVR output samples.
> 720p at 6mbps recording rate. ~125M each.
>
> http://www.wvcom.net/hdpvr/hdt.mpg

So, on a whim I downloaded and tried playing this on my main frontend.
I had absolutely no expectations of it actually playing as its specs
were far below what I thought I would need to play the output from the
HD-PVR.  But to my total astonishment, it played flawlessly !! 'top'
reported the system running at around 97-101% during playback. Here
are the system specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
MEMORY: 2GB

Other system info:
MythTV Version   : 16838
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live

This is a mythbuntu system and I haven't done anything special to it.
The only think unique about it is that it's a diskless system that
boots off of NFS mounted filesystem over a gigabit ethernet.

So am I crazy ?? I thought there was no way this would play ?

Either way, I'm now getting really excited about this. Before I
thought I'd be replacing all my frontends with 3+GHZ dual-cores,
but maybe this is enough after all ? Anyone else have any similar
success ?

Thanks!!