[mythtv-users] SPDIF mutes after about an hour

Dive Turkey diveturkey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:19:12 UTC 2008

The SPDIF audio from my FE will mute itself at a predictable interval
(slightly more than an hour).  I've had this problem across multiple
upgrades and versions of mythtv and Fedora (currently running MythDora 5).
I've worked around it in the past by writing a shell script that calls
alsamixer from the command line to mute and unmute my iec958 output, and
then link to the script in /etc/cron.hourly.  I was just wondering if
anybody had ideas on what the underlying cause might be.