[mythtv-users] Recording stopped 1 hour early but log says it didn't?

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Wed Aug 27 15:47:23 UTC 2008

> When I have this problem it is usually because the signal from the
> antenna dropped out and the tuner stopped recording. The backend doesn't
> notice the tuner has stopped and so it logs the start and end according
> to its clock. If this was your problem then the end of the recording
> should show signal drop outs.
>
> John

I just downloaded the show and watched the last minute.  It just ends.
 Not so much as a pixel out of place.  Also, my signal strength
consistently shows 99%.

I guess it is possible the station itself went off the air for a
moment.  Let me assume that is what happened.  That brings up a
question.

Mythbackend thought it was recording the program as the logs show.  It
looks from mysql log that the file just quit growing at the 1+hr mark
and that it wasn't closed out until the 2 hour mark.

So, why didn't the show start recording again if it indeed did go off
the air for a second once it came back on.  If I had turned the
computer off and back on, it would have started recording again.  What
stopped it?  Is there a way to set it to keep recording?  What isn't
re-syncing?

Is this a HDHR issue or a myth issue?  If this is an HDHR issue, why
does anyone use them?

Maybe I can think up some experiments to try.

Allen