[mythtv-users] XBOX Xebian E images won't boot

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:59:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 7:30 PM, James Boyer <jimb0184 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just recently downloaded and copied the xebian-mythtv e images to my
> xbox.  I have tried version .21 as well as .20 and am recieving the same
> error at boot.
> These are the last 5 lines of the boot sequence before the freeze:
>
> mount:/newroot/mnt/cdrom//debian/rootfs: no such file or directory
> mount: could not setup loop device
> pivot_root: pivot_root: No such file or directory
> /linuxrc= 195 : cannot open dev/ console: no such file
> Kernel panic: attempted to kill init
>
> I have tried launching from XBMC as well as configuring the bios to launch
> xebian directly.  I'm currently running an X2.6 lite chip with the latest
> xecuter bios (5035).  Thanks.

Chances are you aren't including a kernel command line parameter.
Make sure you have something like 'xbox=fatx_e:/debian' in your Linux
kernel command line.  This is usually in your 'linuxboot.cfg' file.
Should look similar to this:

append init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0 kbd-reset xbox=fatx_e:/debian
ramdisk_blocksize=4096

Enjoy!

--
Joe Ripley