[mythtv-users] X2 5000 enough to play HD?

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 19:40:43 UTC 2008

>> i though the setting was for multi-threaded decoding of mpeg2
>> video...i don't think it has anything to do with making use of both
>> cores in general.
>
> Almost.  MPEG-4, but has nothing to do with making use of both cores in
> general.

ok that makes sense. i'm only doing mpeg2 HD and when i set that to 2
i get worse playback then with 1.  this is on a 5400+ on an ecs
a770m-a am2+ and the performance is superb.  from the changelog for
ffmpeg 0.4.9-pre1 it looks like they have multithreaded/SMP decoding
for MPEG-2 so we should get that on next ffmpeg sync i would assume
which will be nice.