[mythtv-users] Can't play live TV from Motorola box, 0 size file.

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 22:26:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Hesty P <hestyp at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008-08-27 02:13:49.911 LFireDev(0012C9FFFE3ADB05), Error: Starting
> A/V streaming
>                        eno: Device or resource busy (16)

I don't know too much about the whole firewire capture process, but my
guess is that this line the problem.  The "file not local" message is
a consequence of this.  Are you using p2p or broadcast to talk to your
firewire box?

If you haven't already, here's the MythTV wiki page for firewire connections:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/FireWire

What kind of firewire card or chipset are you using?