[mythtv-users] X2 5000 enough to play HD?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 28 01:31:09 UTC 2008

On 08/27/2008 08:34 PM, Owen Townend wrote:
> The motherboard & chipset work great for me. It may just be a matter
> of picking the right playback options to get the same results.

I can guarantee in my case it's not a matter of MythTV playback settings
that are causing the issue.

Since many others are having good luck with the chipset, I'm thinking it
must be some BIOS setting I need to flip.  (Speaking of which, thanks to
the annoying OC crowd, I'm not sure I've properly disabled overclocking
in my mobo's BIOS.)  But, I'll just update the BIOS and flip random
switches in the BIOS and see what turns up.

Having my network throughput drop from 10MB/sec to 4MB/sec after
transferring some 50GiB of data is definitely a problem.  Since it
happened with 4 different NIC's (each using a different NIC driver), it
seems to indicate a problem with the mobo/chipset/BIOS settings.

Mike