[mythtv-users] Mythgame Control

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Thu Aug 28 04:14:42 UTC 2008

KH Chai wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When I entered mythgame, and select the game I want from the list, it then
> bring me to the zsnes emulator screen.  I couldn't exit it with my remote
> control, or gamepad.  So I'm stuck in the game screen.  Only way to quit is
> to reboot the machine.  Any idea or suggestion how to quit the emulator
> screen with remote control?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Cleanly exiting the game emulators can be a hassle. Different emulators
require different key sequences to exit.

For MiniMyth, I created a script that checks which emulator is running
(using pidof) and sends the emulator appropriate key sequence using
xmacroplay. Using irexec, I bind the the script to the common remote
exit keys (KEY_EXIT, KEY_ESC and KEY_BACK). The script makes sure that
the that game emulator window is active using the window manager
(MiniMyth uses ratpoison as a window manager) so that the game emuator
receives the key sequence.