[mythtv-users] need some noob advice

Luis Rico Jr nog0odd3ed at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 15:06:46 UTC 2008

Hi, I need some nooob advice. The hardware: Fujitsu laptop with Dual Core
2.2GHZ, 4Gig ram, built-in ATI RADEON 2600 HD, Hauppauge HVR 950. Display -
built in laptop display 1440x900, no TV out (none wanted)
The software : Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit -custom 2.6.26.3 kernel, mythtv .21, ATI
CATALYST 8.8.

The issue - I wish to use my laptop as a combined front/backend. I have no
interest in doing TV-OUT. When I play HD content (ATSC) using MYTHTV, the
screen gets split in half-horizontally. If I attempt to switch channels, the
other channels will get corrupted.

The question: What combo playback profile, transcoder, deinterlacer should I
use? Or is this even what is causing my issue?
Does anyone else have a similar setup and good results? Please help, I'm
about to use this thing as a 'boat-anchor'....

Luis