[mythtv-users] zalman hd160xt

Pavol Cvengros pavol.cvengros at primeinteractive.net
Thu Aug 28 15:27:34 UTC 2008

xavier hervy wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 15:13 +0200, Pavol Cvengros wrote:
>

>> I am going to try mythbuntu :). For now I have tried almost everything I
>> know with 2.6.24 & 2.6.26 kernels with now luck. Surprisingly I got the
>> Technisat SkyStar HD2 working.
>>
>> With remote and touchscreen got no results. Lirc and kernel modules
>> recommended for iMON PAD didn't recognize this device. Device is
>> SoundGraph iMON OEM version (confirmed).
>> Tried kernel  modules: lirc_dev, lirc_imon (with padkeys option).
>>
>> Next step I'll try is to install MCE or Vista Ultimate to confirm that
>> those devices are functional.
>>
>> I am still looking for somebody who has the same HD160XT Plus from Zalman.
>>
>> (if I get this working I get as first drunk and them a big how-to is on
>> the way to wiki)
>>
>> P.
>>
> Hi,
> I have a HD160XT Plus too.
> I start to decode the protocol, it doesn't seems to be too difficult but
> a bit weird as I receive 64 bytes each time I press a front button or
> the touchscreen. I did not try with the remote but I assume it does work
> the same way as the front panel button. I need to learn how to do a
> keyboard drive and touch screen driver though :(
> When I will have a bit more time I will do an entry in the wiki with my
> research.
>
> Xavier
> PS: I missed your email as the subject is zalman hd160xt without plus
> and the plus make a huge difference (not the same touchscreen+panel
> manufacturer)

Great news :). Thanks for your reply. So far I put this on ice for few
days to cool down :)
Can you send me your config file for kernel? Any patches or special
changes to software (lirc/x.org/modules) ?

I have confirmed that my box is ok on Windows MCE installation,
everything works perfect.

Thnx...

P.