[mythtv-users] zalman hd160xt

xavier hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Thu Aug 28 17:09:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 12:41 -0400, George Galt wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 5:52 AM, xavier hervy
> <xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 15:13 +0200, Pavol Cvengros wrote:
> >
> >> I am going to try mythbuntu :). For now I have tried almost everything I
> >> know with 2.6.24 & 2.6.26 kernels with now luck. Surprisingly I got the
> >> Technisat SkyStar HD2 working.
> >>
> >> With remote and touchscreen got no results. Lirc and kernel modules
> >> recommended for iMON PAD didn't recognize this device. Device is
> >> SoundGraph iMON OEM version (confirmed).
> >> Tried kernel  modules: lirc_dev, lirc_imon (with padkeys option).
> >>
> >> Next step I'll try is to install MCE or Vista Ultimate to confirm that
> >> those devices are functional.
> >>
> >> I am still looking for somebody who has the same HD160XT Plus from Zalman.
> >>
> >> (if I get this working I get as first drunk and them a big how-to is on
> >> the way to wiki)
> >>
> >> P.
> > Hi,
> > I have a HD160XT Plus too.
> > I start to decode the protocol, it doesn't seems to be too difficult but
> > a bit weird as I receive 64 bytes each time I press a front button or
> > the touchscreen. I did not try with the remote but I assume it does work
> > the same way as the front panel button. I need to learn how to do a
> > keyboard drive and touch screen driver though :(
> > When I will have a bit more time I will do an entry in the wiki with my
> > research.
> >
> > Xavier
> > PS: I missed your email as the subject is zalman hd160xt without plus
> > and the plus make a huge difference (not the same touchscreen+panel
> > manufacturer)

> There are generally only a handful of touchscreen manufacturers and
> many of those screens are handled by this driver:
> http://www.conan.de/touchscreen/evtouch.html  Take a look, it might
> work for this box.  Other useful stuff for this touchscreen driver can
> be found here: http://nextabyte.com/support/touchscreen/
>
> George

evtouch does not seems work with this touchscreen. Most likely because
the ir receiver, the front panel buttons and the touch screen are mixed
together (?)
BTM this hardware is from iMon and lsusb give me :
Bus 004 Device 004: ID 15c2:0034 SoundGraph Inc.
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x15c2 SoundGraph Inc.
  idProduct          0x0034
  bcdDevice            0.12
  iManufacturer           0
  iProduct                0
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           59
    bNumInterfaces          2
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0x80
      (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower              100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Devices
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol      2 Mouse
      iInterface              0
        HID Device Descriptor:
          bLength                 9
          bDescriptorType        33
          bcdHID               1.01
          bCountryCode            0 Not supported
          bNumDescriptors         1
          bDescriptorType        34 Report
          wDescriptorLength     121
         Report Descriptors:
           ** UNAVAILABLE **
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
        bInterval              10
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        1
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Devices
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
      iInterface              0
        HID Device Descriptor:
          bLength                 9
          bDescriptorType        33
          bcdHID               1.00
          bCountryCode            0 Not supported
          bNumDescriptors         1
          bDescriptorType        34 Report
          wDescriptorLength      50
         Report Descriptors:
           ** UNAVAILABLE **
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
        bInterval              10
Device Status:     0x0000
  (Bus Powered)

ls  -l /dev/input/by-id/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 2008-08-25 14:25 usb-15c2_0034-event-mouse
-> ../event2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 2008-08-25 14:25 usb-15c2_0034-mouse
-> ../mouse1

xavier