[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu experiences?

spectro spectro at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:20:54 UTC 2008

How is mythbuntu working these days?

I have been using Knoppmyth for a long time and I would like to know
since I am planning the upgrade to myth 0.21 (yeah, still running
0.20, it gets the job done)

I don't need all the bells and whistles, I just need a distro that:
- preintalls mythweb
- preinstalls video streaming of recordings from mythweb
- detects my PVR-150, 350 (with remote for frontend), HdHomerun and DVB-S
- Preinstalls anything needed to export to h.264 without commercials

So, for all this, is it worth for me to try mythbuntu or just take it
"safe" and upgrade to latest knoppmyth?