[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu experiences?

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Thu Aug 28 17:47:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 13:40 -0400, Josh White wrote:
> My advice is to always stick with what you know. Whenever you change
> distributions there is a learning curve that you might not be willing
> to put the time into and will lead the frustration.
>
> Seconded.  Never try anything new.

hmm... never upgrade if it works..

While I agree with the learning cuve comment, trying something new is
nearly always beneficial.

Now, moving your production system from one environment you know to an
environment you do not know is probably a bad idea.

I believe that Mythbuntu is providing what the OP is looking for.

But I would recommend to initially play with Mythbuntu on the side
first, and decide about the fate of the production system later.

The change will anyway involve time and efforts, as the 2 distributions
mentioned have quite big differences in the way they do things.

Nico