[mythtv-users] Prebuffering Pause and memory

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 20:46:03 UTC 2008

Thanks for the response.  I don't want to beat a dead horse because I
know that this has been brought up many of times.

Since it's not swapping (according to the 'free -o' command), then
poor disk i/o can be ruled out.  It's all on the local machine, so I
can rule networking out.  Finally, I don't believe it to be bad source
material because the source is fine.  So, what else can it be?

For what it's worth, it usually only seems to pop up if I'm in the
guide or right after I change channels.  After a few minutes of
watching hte program after changing channels, it goes back to normal.
Now with HD content, it seems to happen more often along with jagged
motion (not pixelation).  The jagged motion almost looks like it's due
to a high utilization in the processor and/or memory/swap.

Thanks though in advanced for any help.  Again, sorry for bringing
this topic up, but it's starting to get on my nerves.

Thanks!
Mike