[mythtv-users] Program like AVCBrowser available for Linux?

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Aug 28 21:22:09 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote:

> I was using the test-mpeg2 program.  If you download libiec61883 and
> compile the examples you will be able to use the program.  The default
> compile is not very helpful, I usually recompile like this:
>
> gcc -g -O2 -o test-mpeg2 test-mpeg2.o /usr/lib/libiec61883.so \
>  /usr/lib/libraw1394.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
>
> This assumes you have both libiec61883.so and libraw1394.so installed in
> /usr/lib.

Thanks, I had installed the libiec61883 package in my Mythbuntu but it
didn't include test-mpeg2.c nor the examples directory.  I finally found
them here at the packages source site:
http://www.linux1394.org/download.php

I'll give this a shot when I get home - hope it pulls in some video. :-\

To further add to Bob's hint, it looks like the Makefile in the examples
directory is broken - it just executes a simple "cc test-mpeg2.c -o
test-mpeg2" (which errors out).  To complie the other programs (plugctl.c,
plugreport.c, test-amdtp.c, test-dv.c, test-mpeg2.c, and test-plugs.c)
you'll need to compile like this:
gcc -g -O2 -o BASENAME BASENAME.c /usr/lib/libiec61883.so \
 /usr/lib/libraw1394.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

(Replace BASENAME with the name of the program to compile.)

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal