[mythtv-users] mythfrontend HDTV performance on recent AMD chipsets (was Re: X2 5000 enough to play HD?)

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 01:12:29 UTC 2008

Asus M3A, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Brisbane, 2GB RAM,  Turtle Beach RIVIERA
for audio, build in GigE nic
Running gentoo 64 bit with vanilla kernel 2.6.24.7, compile myth from source

ATSC plays well, recordings from HD-PVR look great as well.

Haven't experienced any network issues; (as chance would have it)  I've been
testing my throughput on my GigE switch, so I'm pretty sure I've hit the
50GiB mark.  Transfer speeds still look fine (180 Mb/s).