[mythtv-users] All mythfrontend will crash if trying to watch multicast IPTV

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 04:13:18 UTC 2008

Hi

Now this is an interesting one...

My ISP provides IPTV channels ; it's an H264 encoded RTP stream
broadcast using multicast packet.

I wrote a guide on how to set it up and watch it with MythTV there:
http://www.avenard.org/iptv/MythTV.html

I can watch up to 3 IPTV streams. Say one via mythtv, one using VLC on
the same computer and VLC on another laptop.

Yesterday, I wanted to watch an IPTV channel via mythtv and record
another one on the same machine.

So I added an extra input connection just like I did for the first one
.. plain and simple.

Started to watch an IPTV channel via mythtv on a frontend.

Then as soon as I start watching another IPTV channel on a different
frontend : both frontend would crash !

I can repeat this very reliably.
If I watch IPTV on more than one frontend ; all frontend will crash ...

Jean-Yves