[mythtv-users] Myth autoexpiring brand new shows

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Aug 29 08:19:16 UTC 2008

Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> says:
> I'm not sure if a blanket 0 weight is best or dynamically weighting
> it to zero in single tuner/recording scenarios but leaving it as-is
> for others is best.

The intricacies of the weighting system are beyond me, too; way too
many possible permutations of tuners, backends, and local and remote
drives. I'm glad you seem to agree that the current default setting is
hard to justify, though. I continue to believe that a blanket 0 weight
to SGweightLocalStarting is an improvement over the status quo.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array