[mythtv-users] zalman hd160xt

xavier hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Fri Aug 29 17:07:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 17:59 +0200, Pavol Cvengros wrote:
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier "touchscreen0"
>         Driver "evtouch"
>         Option "Device" "/dev/hiddev0"
>         Option "DeviceName" "touchscreen"
>         Option "MinX" "98"
>         Option "MinY" "43"
>         Option "MaxX" "940"
>         Option "MaxY" "925"
>         Option "ReportingMode" "Raw"
>         Option "Emulate3Buttons"
>         Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
>         Option "SendCoreEvents" "On"
> EndSection
[snip]

> (**) Option "Device" "/dev/hiddev0"
> (EE) touchscreen: Unable to grab device (Invalid argument).

As far as I understand, this is not possible. evtouch need an event input
but you try to feed it with a hiddev  (http://www.frogmouth.net/hid-doco/p13.html)

evtest /dev/event0 will work but not /dev/hiddev0
> MythTV menu reacts on some key on remote. For example esc, enter
> sometimes on left click mouse button
> No luck with touchscreen....
The usb device is recognize as event, mouse and keyboard(cf lsusb -v)
but I don't know how me are suppose to configure the keyboard. I try to
use usbkbdd module but I don't know how it is suppose to work. beside,
the remote or frontpanel button are visible on /dev/usb/hiddev0 so I
don't think it does work as a keyboard neither.
Xavier