[mythtv-users] Only first channel available, changing channel not working [SOLVED]

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Aug 30 15:20:53 UTC 2008

Dave M G wrote:
> Allen, Brian, Greg
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
>> I am sure you know that you have to hit "Enter" to make it actually
>> change channels but as I didn't see that in your writeup, I thought I
>> should mention it.
>
> Doh! That's exactly it. I didn't know I actually had to hit enter after
> I pressed the channel up or down buttons.
>
> Like Brian said... sometimes it's the obvious stuff that throws you.

I thought about having the channels change without the enter, but since
channel numbers can be anywhere from 1 to 4 digits (maybe even more) I
think the unwanted changes due to not entering digits fast enough would
probably be more of a problem than having to hit enter.

If you made the delay long enough to eliminate false changes the
"channels do not change fast enough" crowd would be even more unhappy.

Maybe a variable delay before the system assumes you have entered the
entire number?

beww